In our newly refurbished practice we have state-of-the-art facilities and we have always taken cross infection seriously. Our new sterilisation room is one of the best in the country and our staff are fully trained and certificated in Covid-19 prevention. We have invested in new equipment and PPE to ensure a safe environment for patients and the team, including the extra step of disinfecting each surgery after use with a specialised disinfectant mist that kills all airborne contamination and settles on all surfaces to kill any virus particles and bacteria.
Moving forward, Contemporary Dental will be introducing a digital workflow that means less, if any, impressions will be required with less time in the chair and faster treatment completion. We are also excited to bring ‘Same Day’ crowns and restorations to our patients.
Our 10-Step COVID-19 protocols
- Patients can only be seen by pre-arranged appointment, in order that we are able to maintain social distancing requirements within the practice
- We ask that patients please travel alone, where possible, and endeavour to arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you are traveling by car we would be grateful if you could wait in your car in our car park, at the rear of the practice. Once you arrive, please call 01392 490949 to confirm your arrival. We will meet all patients on arrival and bring them straight into the surgery
- On arrival, patients will have their temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer. If your temperature is above 37.8°C, you will be unable to enter the practice and will be asked to return home and self-isolate as per current government guidelines
- Upon entrance, patients will be asked to sanitise their hands following our hand washing instructions at the designated hand wash station
- All of the surgeries will be cleaned after each patient with nothing left on any work surface
- Each surgery will be fogged with a disinfectant mist that kills all airborne contamination and settles on all surfaces to kill any virus particles and bacteria
- The surgery will be vacated after each patient, fogged with disinfectant and then left for 30 minutes, after which it will be set up for the next patient
- After each appointment payment can be made by card in the surgery and a follow up call confirmed to book any further appointments
- The patient will then be escorted back to the exit and can use the hand washing station before they leave
- All staff will be fully trained in Covid-19 prevention and our gold-standard decontamination room enables us to comply to the highest level of cross infection control, offering patients the safest dental experience